COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE
The firm works with many of the largest landowners and developers in the Houma/Thibodaux area – one of the fastest growing commercial, retail and residential areas in the state. We provide complete commercial and residential real estate legal services including:
- Advising clients with respect to the structuring of real estate transactions in order to provide optimum business and tax benefits.
- Establishment of corporations and other entities to conduct real estate development activities.
- Preparation of deeds of purchase and sale, mortgage, constitution of condominiums, easements and trusts; all types of loan agreements and other financing documents, guarantees and letters of credit; commercial and residential leases.
- Advising clients with respect to environmental requirements of the Federal and state governments affecting the acquisition and development of real estate, including the obtaining of all required environmental clearances and permits.
- Advising borrowers, lenders and credit enhancer with respect to the financing of real estate acquisitions and developments.
- Advising borrowers and lenders with respect to restructuring of real estate projects.
- Representing lenders with respect to foreclosure of real estate mortgages.
- Representing large landowners, 5000 acres to 50,000 acres regarding multitude of issues, including government regulation, experimental land use, public vs. private land use.
- Performance of all notarial work related to real estate transactions, including preparation of deeds, powers of attorney and sworn statements.
- Providing title insurance through First American Title Insurance Company.
“The firm secured a precedent-setting decision from the Louisiana Supreme Court with regard to the protection of private land use rights.” – Stanwood Duval
Call (985) 876-641 or email us to schedule your complimentary consultation.