William S. Watkins
William “Bill” Watkins is a committed and passionate protector of his clients. He has practiced general civil law, with an emphasis on injured victims, since 1982. Bill is a member of Louisiana Association for Justice and served or currently serves on the Terrebonne/Lafourche Right to Life Committee, as President of Louisiana Right to Life Educational Committee and Louisiana Right to Life Federation, and as Secretary of Grand Isle Rotary Club. He is a member of Pastoral Council and Lector at Our Lady of the Isle Catholic Church. Bill has been married for over 38 years and he and wife Elizabeth raised four daughters and have nine grandchildren. A love of family, faith, honesty and integrity instilled by his parents, is woven into each client he represents. Bill's practice focuses on Product Liability, Sexual Harassment, Automobile Collisions, Industrial Accidents, Mediation, Business Law, Real Estate.
- Louisiana District Courts
- Courts of Appeal
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- US District Courts for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts
- US Court Appeals 5th Circuit
- Loyola Law School, J.D. 1982
- Loyola University New Orleans, B.A. Finance & Accounting 1978
- Himel v. State ex rel. DOTD, 887 So2d 131, 2004 WL 2290397 – Established that La. 20 through Vacherie was unreasonably dangerous and won multimillion dollar compensation for 34-year-old wife and mother who suffered catastrophic brain injuries.
- Quebodeaux v. Mobil – no reported decision, settled at trial – Established employer liability for catastrophically brain injured victim, with an unwitnessed offshore injury obtaining multi-million dollar settlement.
- Molinere v. Polaris – no reported decision, settled prior to trial – Established manufacturer liability for defective steering mechanism on jet ski that caused fractured skull and brain injury, million- dollar settlement.
- Multi-million dollar acquisitions and sales of oilfield related companies.
- Defense of numerous employers against claims by former employees for wrongful termination, discrimination, or on-the-job injury.
Areas of Practice
- Product Liability
- Sexual Harassment
- Automobile Collisions
- Industrial Accidents
- Business Law
- Real Estate