Kathryn W. Richard provides legal representation in the areas of real estate, successions, personal injury, civil litigation, environmental and property law, and admiralty and business law. She works closely with each and every client to advise them on their legal options and secure the desired outcome. Kathryn is also committed to our Terrebonne Parish community and is extensively involved in many community organizations and activities such as Junior Auxiliary, Krewe of Hyacinthians, and the Vanderbilt Catholic Terrier Club. She is a member of the Board of Directors for CASA of Terrebonne and the Houma Terrebonne Soccer Association.
- Louisiana, 1999
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1999 JD
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1995 BS in Microbiology
- Successful defense of construction litigation for a major oil services company
- Successful defense of numerous bus accidents
- Successful litigation involving personal injury to a burn victim
- Successful defense of litigation involving age and racial discrimination for a major company
- Successful defense of contract litigation regarding asset purchase agreement for a major oil services company
- Contracts and Master Service Agreements for a major environmental services company.
- Lease agreements for medical facilities and commercial shopping centers.
- 1031 tax exchanges for commercial real estate
- Complex land purchase agreements for million dollar commercial developments.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and Business Law & Litigation
- Organization of Corporations and LLCs
- Business Transactions
- Commercial Real Estate
- Environmental Litigation
- Property Law
- Maritime and Admiralty
- ADA Act Litigation
- Sexual Harassment
- Vessel Mortgages
- 1031 Real Estate Exchanges
- Wills and Successions
90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation